Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Cleaning



Yes, it's that time of year again when I turn my house upside down and clean every nook and cranny. It usually takes days, sometimes weeks. All day today I cleaned and organized my cupboards and scrubbed the counter tops and I'm not even done yet. I also said goodbye to things that I don't use anymore that were taking too much space.

I am at the point in my life where I am starving for color. I used to love dark themes but now I am really in the mood for light and bright rooms with punches of bright colors here and there. On Saturday, I will go on a thrifting hunt (haven't done that in weeks!) for a rustic dining table and probably mismatched chairs.

the counter top: You might be wondering what this is. It's an improvised scented oil burner. I found a bottle of chocolate scented oil but no oil burner so I used a vegetable steamer and a measuring cup for making cocktail drinks. There is a tea light inside the veggie steamer to heat up the oil inside the cup. Clever, I know and it worked perfectly, until I knocked it off by accident after I took this photo.

Miniature guitar magnets on the fridge. So cute.

I got this silver Love plate from an estate sale and this rose plant was a gift from a good friend of mine. I want to fill the house with little potted plants, it makes me feel happy.
The smaller jar is filled with condiments from fastfood restaurants, they come in handy on pizza or taco nights at home. The bigger jar is filled with around a hundred tea lights.
That's all for now. I need to get back to my Spring Cleaning. Have you done yours yet?

No comments: