Friday, March 25, 2011

Biker Girl

I have a prediction. Soon there would be more bikes in the streets than cars. Isn't it more practical? For the environment, financially and health-wise? The sky-high prices of gas is no joke. My mom is thinking of returning her Rav 4 (no more furniture shopping, sniff) and would take the bus to and from work for a whole season and would get a car when the gas prices go down a bit. It does make sense. My mister works from home now (sorry I didn't mention that before) so he isn't really affected by the high price of gas and we rarely go out now so getting a bigger car which we initially planned isn't really necessary.

My mister got a hand me down, almost brand new beach cruiser from our good friend who moved to NZ and as he cruises around our neighborhood, I am left on the side of the street to watch him drive by.

I don't have one. It would have been great if I could use his. I do know how to bike but his bike is so big that I would need a step stool to be able to sit on it (I'm really short, you know) and when I finally get to sit on it, my feet does not touch the floor so it's hard to control the bike. So I am thinking of getting my own, actually I've been wanting one for sooo long now. But now, I can't decide which one to get.

 I found this website with really cool bikes and an affordable price to match. Free shipping and no tax too. Here are some of my favorites.

only $154.99
Though I like the two bikes above, a folding bike seems more practical because it would be easier to store in the house but I think I have to see it in person and see if it's easy to ride and fold. It is also more expensive than the two bikes above.
$214.99
Do you have a bike? What do you use? Do you like it? Do you recommend it?

3 comments:

Aileen Kim said...

i agree....the price of gas is ridiculously expensive. H had always nudged me reg the idea of using bikes instead. That would be nice except perhaps on the terrains of Baguio....it would be like biking for dear life...lol!

Hope you had a great day!

Chickything said...

I don't think I can bike in Baguio except for Burnham Park lol.

I remember I once saw someone on a unicycle in Quezon Hill so I guess biking in two wheels will be much easier than that, hehe.

Anonymous said...

I am to a great extent impressed with the article I have just read interesting very good.I read the Blog Nice site I found and I bookmarked the site.
cruiser bike