Monday, December 20, 2010

Favorite Spaces {my twins}

For Favorite Spaces today, I've decided to feature my 14 year old twin daughter's room.
---
They have a hot pink room which I painted myself. Their room is filled with vintage and the color palette as you can see is pink, black and gold.
This is an old school desk I found on one of my many vintage hunting trips.
We are Alice in Wonderland obsessed!
A vintage German Chocolate tin box used as money box
Mr. Toast
My mister gave them his XM radio because they love listening to music way too much
I made these. Inspired by Confetti System
Vintage ornate mirror. We can't get enough of this!
Old trunk. I bought them with stickers and all.
Their accessories on a handmade organizer I made out of a wooden frame and cork

Handmade necklace organizer, proudly made by me.
Isn't this a beaute?

mismatched pillow cases that shows their different personalities
Interview:
What do you do:
Ayra Sofia (twin #1): I'm a student who loves to draw and play the piano
Kayla Beatrix (twin #2): I'm a student who loves art, fashion and music


What inspired the space?
Mom (me): well, we love pink and black. So we just worked around that color palette.


What is your favorite thing in the space and how and where did you get it?
Ayra Sofia: Mr. Toast doll. We got it from Unique LA last year.
Kayla Beatrix: I love the garlands on the beds that my mom made.
Mom: I love the black ornate frame that my friend gave me which ended up in their room.


What inspires you when you create?
Ayra Sofia: Music
Kayla Beatrix:Anime and other Japanese, kawaii things


What music do you listen to when you create:
Ayra Sofia:Bruno Mars, Nelly, Katy Perry, Jason Derulo, Aj Raphael etc.
Kayla Beatrix: Neon trees, AllStar Weekend, Taio Cruz, Selena Gomez, Kicking Daisies and more.


Where do you get your furniture and home decor:
Thrift Stores, Flea Markets, Estate Sales, Ikea and some were made by mom.

No comments: