Sunday, February 7, 2010

Down the rabbit hole

On February 5, 2010 I fell inside the rabbit hole and If only I could stay down there forever, I would! Because it was so much fun!

It was the premiere night of the "Neverending Story:Fairytale, Fantasy,Obsession' art exhibit at the Royal-T cafe in Culver City. The event was carefully planned down to the teeniest detail. I loved how food were served for free, like Eat me cupcakes, Alice in wonderland fondant cake, grilled cheese, gourmet fries (amongst other hors d'oeuvres) and most of all Absinthe for everyone with a 'drink me' tag. It was such a nice addition to the event.

Royal-T Cafe is a cosplay themed cafe. It was my first time there and I loved everything! The venue is unbelievably big! And the shop has items I've never seen in my entire life. A whole other post about the cafe coming soon.



How cute are these?





I love this blanket from one of my favorite artists Yoshitomo Nara


Everyone looked awesome!
cupcake boots!


This pretty girl is the tallest girl I've ever seen in my life! She must have been around 6'4". We looked like before and after the 'eat me' cupcakes next to each other (me only at 5'1")

the artwork behind her is from Seonna Hong. I love her art! She's one of the many artists featured on this exhibit.


Too many Alices in one place at one time, not that I mind.


Absinthe!
Look how beautiful!

She was the one who made the event so beautiful!
Isn't she beautiful?
These young lovers are just so cute!
They look so cute together!
My absinthe, though it didn't make me taller nor smaller just a little tipsy.
The cake

Free cakes and cupcakes for everyone!


clothes by Jared Gold


I've been obsessed with Alice In Wonderland all my life! Since that 1985 made for tv movie! So I enjoyed this event a little too much! Thanks Royal-T and Laura Hoptman!
More photos coming soon!

4 comments:

Crooked Sister said...

Wow! I am so jealous. I would have loved to have gone to that opening. What a great excuse to get dressed up!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

they don't only look wonderful..they look so natural... as if they're wearing their character. nin, i guess you brought out the best in them...

Samsara said...

There she is! lol wow i'll have to site you and these pictures for an alice in wonderland guest post i'll be doing for eleanorzine soon. :)