Sunday, January 24, 2010

Pretty Saturday

I had fun thrifting with mom yesterday! We visited 6 thrift stores all over Los Angeles. My feet was hurting so bad but it was so worth it! Mom bought more than I did, she said that my obsession with vintage is contagious that it rubbed on her. She bought so much that we had to hire a guy with a truck just to haul everything home and we both spent less than a $100! Awesome!

Here are some of my loot that I want to share with all of you...

This beautiful ornate pillow. Don't you just love the details on this?



I love the color!


And these shoes are to die for! I love how comfortable they are and the details on it is gorgeous, not to mention the awesome purple!

I have never heard of this brand before but it was so eerie that it even says my initials, my real first name is Janine but I go by Nina ( Ninja to my friends) because it's so hard to spell out my name every time I introduce myself to people.

The embroidery is so beautiful

and I just love this purse! and I'm not even into purses.

and look at this super cute sparkly giant coin purse/clutch
I love, love the fuchsia silk interior.


Love these glasses! Anthropologie has them . I don't know if these were the exact ones at Anthro or if these are real vintage.




They are so pretty I'm afraid to use them because I'm really clumsy, I might break them.


My favorite is the pink one

I also bought this enamel tray. I love it so much, there were a bunch there and now that I think of it, I wish I had bought them all! So I can put some in the shop!


Oh, there's always next Saturday!

Tomorrow my shop opens! Finally! I will open up shop at 7am (pacific time). Please, I hope you join me! Bring out the champagne flutes, the petit fours or some hot tea and let's celebrate!

2 comments:

Nancy S. said...

Im so jealous of your new vintage findings! Everything is so gorgeous!
I particullary love the purple shoes! amazing!
So you're name is Janine? Is it french?
Do you know the david bowies song "janine"?
Cant wait to visit your store :)

Chickything said...

Hi! Yes I think it is french. It wasn't common then but now, I hear it a lot.
I will definitely check that Bowie song!
My shop is open now! Yay!