Monday, May 23, 2011

Untitled.


via Geronimo

12:41 am
May 23, 2011

It's that time again when I turn a year older and hopefully a lot wiser. I sit here on the couch in the living room as I reflect on how my thirty something years were like. It was bittersweet. I am in a better place now but I know things can still get much, much better. I'm not asking for a lot,what I'm asking for is so simple and yet seems so difficult to have. That wish got me in so much trouble but what matters is that I have learned a lot and those mistakes made me a better person.
I know there are things that happen to us that we have no control of but one thing that we do have control of is how we feel inside. Today, I choose to be happy, no matter what. I will spend this day with people who matter to me most and will only think of positive thoughts.

I am grateful for all the years that God has given me and for all the years that are yet to come. I am thankful for everything that I have and for everything that I can and will have. Life is beautiful even if sometimes things don't happen our way, being alive is enough. Someone told me that pain is the evidence of life. I agree but so is joy and love amongst other things but all these I am thankful of because it only means one thing... I am alive.

Happy Birthday to me.

No comments: