Sunday, May 15, 2011

Indian Pizza

I don't really enjoy cooking but my family has to eat. haha. I'm pretty good at it I think because I get fat from my own cooking. Well, each day we try to eat healthier. Slowly but surely. So we tend to buy more food now from the farmer's market and Trader Joe's. So now, from time to time, I'll be posting recipes with ingredients that I bought from these places. I encourage you guys to try them because it won't be posted here unless it's family tested, happy tummies guaranteed!

So the first recipe is Indian Pizza that I invented using the garlic naan bread from the freezer section of Trader Joe's. I think one pack of four flat breads is only $1.99 (please correct me if I'm wrong).
What you need:
Garlic Naan bread
Barbecue sauce (or any sauce you want)
ham (or any topping you want)
grated cheese
olive oil or sesame seed oil for drizzling on top
white button mushrooms (or any veggies you want)

What I used:
Garlic Naan bread
black forest freshly cut ham
white mushrooms
barbecue sauce and okonomiyaki sauce
provolone cheese that I cut into thin strips

The process:
This is a quick and easy recipe and the kids love it. First, pre heat your oven to 350 degrees. Take out the frozen naan bread and spread the sauce you want to use, do not put too much and do not allow the sauce to run through the edges because it'll make your oven dirrty. I used barbecue sauce for some and okonomiyaki sauce for the rest. Then, put cheese on top of the sauce,it is important that you put the cheese first before the other toppings because the cheese will hold everything together. Then add your other toppings and drizzle a fair amount of oil on top. Then put them directly on the metal rack of your oven and cook until all cheese on top are melted. Ovens vary and time depends on what cheese you used but based on my experience, once the cheese has melted or is bubbling up then the naan bread is done too. 5-7 minutes is ideal.Turn on the light of your oven so you can check what's going on in there.
We love it and I hope you try and enjoy this recipe!

No comments: