Monday, May 2, 2011

15th Birthday Party

It was tough but I did it. I was up until 3am watching the Royal Wedding and preparing for the party for the following day then I woke up at 5 and began cooking all the pancakes, the fried rice with beef and eggs. Then I packed them in take out boxes.
I made 15 boxes of pancakes with two pancakes in each box. I made meat/fried rice/2 eggs in over 25 boxes. All in all, I made 30 pancakes, over 50 eggs and 1 1/2 tray of marinated meat and 4 pots of rice! All by myself. Grueling but I made it alive!

We call this 'tapsilog' a Filipino breakfast meal composed of fried rice,eggs and beef. I began cooking at 5am and the brunch started at 10:30am.
pancakes
coffee station

The typewriter was for birthday wishes but the kids ended up typing just whatever because apparently, this was quite new to them.
The backyard had vintage quilted blankets so people either laid down under the sun or played pillow fight. I think it was my most favorite spot at the party.

That's all for now. More photos coming soon and things I've learned at the party that you might learn from. See you soon!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Everything looked pretty and yummy! Congratulations Nin! You should do this professionally. :o)