Friday, December 17, 2010

Surprise For a Another Birthday Girl

My daughter (no.3) celebrates her birthday on December 27 (she turns 12) but every time we hold a party at home, only a few comes over. Of course, it's the holidays and everyone is busy. I came up with the idea of celebrating it in her class on the last day of school before winter break. It was a secret between me and her teacher.
Oh boy, was she surprised! I never (I mean never!) see her smile in photos, except today!

She's on the right, another birthday girl on her left.
Our future leaders





These are the cupcakes I made. Looks like they were store bought but no, I worked all night long! I bought the cupcake boxes from our local grocery store. I didn't know I could do that. I paid $1.00 for five 12 slot cupcake boxes. Awesome!


I ran out of cupcake liners so I ended up using little cups which I cut using vintage zigzag metal scissors. They ended up using spoons to eat these little babies.

--
I have two days left to turn this house into a Holiday getaway (meaning super clean and super pretty), my sister and her family (who I haven't seen in four years) are coming over for the Holidays. So excited and kind of scared of all the projects, cleaning and organizing I have to face! Wish me luck.

No comments: