Friday, December 3, 2010

Happy Hundred

Today we went to my kid's school to celebrate their 100th Anniversary. A hundred! Unbelievable. I was in awe of the performances of each class. They talked about the inventions, music, trends and fashion of each year since 1910 to the 1980's. It was so much fun seeing little kids dressed like James Dean or someone from the 80's and so on. I almost cried because I was so proud that my kids went to a school with so much history. Their school is one of the best in L.A. and is focused on art and music. The teachers and principal are all amazing. So amazing that when I was still a single mom many years ago, raising 3 girls on my own, they gave me an entire Thanksgiving dinner for  2 consecutive years. I will be forever thankful for that.

This was how the school looked like a hundred years ago. (now the school is a modern looking building)
 Here are some photos that I took photos of from the archives/memorabilia that were there today.
Circa 1955

Indians! How cool is this? ( I think these were before the 1920's)
How magical is this photo?
I love, love these old photos. These kids are so adorable and yet they are way older than all of us

It's amazing what cameras can do. They preserve moments like this.It's the best invention I think.
I call it the time machine.
I even saw my kids photos from the archives, preserved forever.


Part 2 coming tomorrow.

No comments: