Friday, April 16, 2010

I'm a busy bee

Wow! I love the new blogger! It's easier to upload photos now. How exciting!
I've been so busy lately. I've been running around town doing errands. Yesterday, we went to the farmer's market to stock up on fruits and veggies. Everything there tastes so much better! Worlds better! We go every Thursday. I also finally got to try a funnel cake but didn't really like it.

Did you know that a lot of businesses are giving away free food because it's tax season? I've never heard of it before. But yesterday, we had free coffee from Starbucks (if you bring your own starbucks mug/thermos) and when we went to mcdonald's, they were also giving away samples of their new frappes! I had 2 of those and my heart was palpitating like crazy! At IHOP, kids eat free for the whole month of April! Awesome isn't it? I'm sure there are other businesses jumping on the wagon, make sure to google it as soon as possible. Who doesn't love freebies?

 Yesterday, I also painted a new sewing table for my craft studio! I love the color!

 Inside it are my vintage laces. I have so much, I don't know where to put the rest of them.


And I want to introduce you to my little friend here. Isn't she lovely?
I love how she brightens up my studio (as if the mad hatter isn't enough)
I love the colors on her dress and hair!

And look she's a coin bank! And look at that huge pink bow! and the tiny yellow bow on her hair?
I'm in love!


The big tea party for my twin daughters are about a week away! And I am so busy buying the things I need for the event. I am looking all over for giant butterflies!

 Do you guys have any suggestions for party favors/giveaways? I am usually good at this but right now I am overwhelmed by all the other things I need to do. Any suggestions? I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance! Have a happy weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Sweets and Hearts said...

i know i've said this before, but i love your studio space so much! that pink dresser is something i'd like to have.

maybe for party favors/giveaways,
you could give away teacup & saucer sets, if you can find some inexpensive ones! or maybe even mini ones. that would be so cute. :D

<3

Chickything said...

You would not believe if I told you that I bought the dresser/side table for $4! I'm cheap like that! and a good furniture hunter for that matter!

I was looking all over for those tea cups or anything that has a teapot or tea cups but could not find any!

So I've decided to give out tea bags wrapped in little envelopes with a red bow that hangs from a black leafless tree! So Tim Burton! Will post pics soon!

Sandy a la Mode said...

omg i LOVE that pink dresser and can't believe you have soo much lace!!! i LOVE all things lace and i need to get some more of it!!