Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Every girl is Alice ..in some way.

I have been obsessed with Alice in Wonderland since I was a little girl. When I was growing up in the Philippines, my dad would give me a ton of videos to watch and one of them happened to be the 1985 tv version of Alice. I played it again and again and again.
I never got tired of it even though I had memorized every scene.

It became my escape when everything in my family was falling apart. I had imagined that I was Alice many times, falling into the rabbit hole, getting lost in a wonderland and that when I finally go back to the real world, everything would be better than how I have left it.

Alice kept me sane. That was why this whole thing is so special to me. It was a little secret that no one knew about but I held it so dear in my heart.
And now Alice shines a different light in my life, my dad is now long gone and she serves as a reminder of him. Odd, I know but that's how it is. Alice will always hold a special place in my heart. For many she is nothing but a trend, a trend that might fade away after all the hype dies down but for me she is a part of who I am and I may grow old and my hair may all turn gray but there would always be a part of me that will never grow old and that little girl will always have Alice in her heart .




So, you must imagine how excited I am for the Tim Burton film. I don't care if it makes or breaks Alice, I am just excited to see how the wonderland looks like through Tim Burton's eyes.


It may be too wacky but it's okay. It's a wonderland, anyway.




What a melancholic post on a beautiful Tuesday morning.
I hope you don't mind. Some days, I am this way.

No comments: