Thursday, March 17, 2011

Downsizing

Remember this post? Our good friend who moved to NZ gave us almost all his belongings, he left with only two suitcases and a guitar. Here's what our music room looked like (and some of the other rooms in the house looked quite the same)
sofa, all the tables, bike,wooden blinds, floor lamps,morrocan mirror and so much more
It is still a work in progress. It changes everyday and I am getting rid of almost all the old stuff we have. We have been doing yard sales and craigslist listings and everything else that we can't dispose, we are donating.
I haven't gone to the thrift store in weeks. I think I wouldn't be going for a very long time. Upon cleaning and reorganizing the house, I've realized how much stuff we have and I must really stop buying.

Seeing the houses that had been ruined in Japan changes how I look at stuff. I learned how to let go of things I do not need easier than I used to. Why do we need so much stuff anyway?

Either way, I am happy that we are blessed with so many things that we didn't even have to spend a single dime on. I am grateful for things that I've bought for almost nothing and for all the free stuff we get from people, companies or other people downsizing. If I tell you how much stuff we get for free each year, you'll be shocked and you might not believe me. Hmmm, I might do a post on that next time.

How about you? Do you have a lot of stuff? Please don't throw them away, your trash might be someone else's treasure. You can do a yard sale, list on Craigslist or ebay or schedule a donation pick up from the Salvation Army. Or why not make a friend happy and give stuff he or she might like.

I will post pictures when the house is finally done. I hope it's soon.

No comments: